Commensurate with Experience
About The Role
The Porter will be responsible for the day-to-day upkeep and cleanliness of the buildings, landscaping, amenities, parking lot, trash areas, light bulbs, etc. as directed by the Property Manager and/or the Maintenance Supervisor. This is a customer-facing position, requiring regular and frequent communication with residents and corporate office to exchange information. This position is full time Monday through Friday. If you are in the early stages of your Real Estate / Property Management career and are looking to grow and develop, then this role is for you!
As a representative of CSC within the industry and community, you will build relationships with your counterparts and project a positive, professional image of the organization to tenants, contractors, and partners. CSC is a fast-paced environment that encourages teamwork and collaboration at all levels of the organization, allowing Groundskeepers / Office Assistants to work independently, but also collaborate across multiple members of the team.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of landscaping including watering and removal of trash by walking the property daily and providing a report to Property Manager and/or the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Responsible for painting of curbs, pressure washing, and locking and unlocking common spaces.
- Responsible for posting notices and snow/ice removal.
- Assist maintenance technicians with plumbing, electrical, carpentry, drywall, masonry, concrete, vinyl flooring installation and repairs.
- Assist with property inspections.
- Strong commitment to safety and maintaining a safe work environment utilizing all required personal protective equipment.
- Attend and participate in all site safety meetings.
- Responsible for completing all assigned training on-time.
- Ability to physically and mentally endure periods of high stress while maintaining stability of performance and personality.
- Posting notices, posting ads, filing, and general computer + phone duties.
This job description does not necessarily include all the essential functions that may be assigned this position, based upon the continuing needs of the organization.
Specific Job Skills
- Able to speak, write, read and comprehend English.
- Bilingual preferred
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques and products for janitorial duties.
- Knowledge of the proper use, maintenance and care of common hand and power equipment including:
- Power mower
- Leaf blower
- Fertilizer spreader
- Tree pruning tools
- Power edger
- Weed Eater
- Shrub trimming tools
- Handsaw, drill, wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, garbage grabber
- Pool maintenance (if applicable to job location) including pool filter, pump, and water testing kit.
- Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Able to follow instructions and work individually or as part of a team.
- Janitorial experience preferred
- Pool maintenance experience preferred
- Position requires at least 1 year experience in maintenance and/or office work. Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Work Hours: 40 hours per week
- Prior experience in Class B & C property management in the Austin Marketplace, preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to use repetitive motions of the hands, fingers and wrists, reach, stand, walk, climb ladders and stairs, lift up to 60 lbs. for extended periods of time, move heavy objects and equipment up and down stairwell, stoop, bend, crouch, hear, see and talk.
CSC Is Proud To Provide Its Team Members With
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental & Vision plan options
- On-going training and development in topics relevant to the Property Management industry
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal time off, as well as paid holidays
- Performance Bonus Programs
- Housing Discount