Assistant Community Director
Full or Part Time
Commensurate with Experience
About The Role
The Assistant Manager’s role is to assist the Community Manager in effectively managing the property. The Assistant Manager is directly responsible for maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly reports including accurate reporting of rents and deposits received, helping to collect income, foster resident and community relations, and work to run administrative duties. In essence, you will support the Community Manager to make sure that the property is running smoothly, that tenants are safe and satisfied, and that all facilities and compliance are in great standing. In the Manager’s absence, the Assistant Manager will assume all responsibilities associated with accomplishing property objectives as set forth by the Regional Manager and the property owner. If you are in the early stages of your Real Estate / Property Management career and are looking to grow and develop, then this role is for you!
As a representative of CSC within the industry and community, Assistant Property Managers build relationships with their counterparts and project a positive, professional image of the organization to tenants, contractors, and partners. CSC is a fast-paced environment that encourages teamwork and collaboration at all levels of the organization, allowing Assistant Property Managers to work independently, but also collaborate across multiple properties and teams.
Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
- Maintains accurate resident records. On a daily basis updates all rents, deposits and application fees received by residents and applicants. Issue appropriate notices when necessary (e.g., late payments, eviction notices, returned check memos).
- Deposits all monies prior to bank close each day.
- Maintains positive customer service and friendly attitude.
- Physically inspects property when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff. Will also inspect move-‐ins, move-‐outs and vacancies when requested.
- Delegates inspection or inspects with residents all move-‐in/move-‐outs.
- Must be knowledgeable of all phases of leasing and resident retention.
- Works with lease renewals each month
- Greets prospective clients, shows property and performs leasing duties as needed.
- Answers and handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents, current residents, vendor/suppliers, etc.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to manager for marketing property and improving resident satisfaction.
- Conducts outreach marketing weekly or as assigned by Manager
- Updates required reports concerning move-‐out notices, activity, etc., on a daily basis and provides information to the manager.
- Organizes and files all applicable reports, leases and paperwork.
- Process move-‐ins and move-‐outs.
- Process all security deposit move-‐out reports.
- Accepts service requests from residents and routes to maintenance for prompt processing.
- Conducts service follow-‐up with resident when work is completed.
- Ensure all required annual certifications for all affordable programs are completed in a timely manner.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by manager or property supervisor
- Position requires at least 1 year experience in property management. Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Work Hours: 40 hours per week for full time employees or up to 25 hours per week for part time employees with flexible work week that may include holidays or weekends.
- Prior experience in Class B & C property management in the Albuquerque Marketplace, preferred
- B.S. in Business, Real Estate, or equivalent, preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Email, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Online Databases like Entrata, Appfolio and Yardi
- Proficient knowledge in basic accounting, reading financial statements, and managing budgets
CSC Is Proud To Provide Its Team Members With
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental & Vision plan options
- On-going training and development in topics relevant to the Property Management industry
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal time off, as well as paid holidays
- Performance Bonus Programs
- Housing Discount