Accountant / Controller
Commensurate with Experience
About The Role
Reporting to the CEO, the Controller is responsible for all Accounting matters relating to the Company’s portfolio of office and development properties. S/he is the primary leader, mentor and technical resource for the Property Accounting team.
The controller is responsible for preparing monthly financial statements, reconciliation of general ledger accounts, investment statement and bank accounts, analyzing accounting documents for accuracy, preparing financial reports and analysis and providing and updating excel spreadsheets.
As a representative and leader of CSC, the Controller will build relationships with his/her counterparts and project a positive, professional image of the organization to the community, vendors, and partners. Your attention to detail and bar of excellence will be paramount in CSC’s growth and success. You will report directly to the CEO.
- Oversees the timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual investor reporting packages
- Establishes and maintains practices and procedures that preserve the integrity of the Company’s Property Accounting system and ensures compliance with internal controls and GAAP standards
- Provides data-driven insights and recommendations on the portfolio performance and prepares internal reports for management decision making and periodic reporting to the Company’s CEO, institutional investors and lenders
- Primary liaison for external auditors for property audits and tax returns
- Oversee and manage A/P, A/R, G/L, account reconciliations, financial statement preparation, and ensuring adherence to LP agreements
- Manage the A/R process including aging report, collections, and accurate rent data
- Manage the A/P process including coding and entering of invoices into the accounting system, verifying and ensuring accuracy of data and corresponding backup
- Manage cash for all entities
- Oversee + manage accounting team/bookkeepers
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, investment statements and bank accounts
- Analyze accounting documents for accuracy
- Maintain and reviews corporate insurance policies
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax return with outside CPA firm
- Analyze and prepare balance sheets and income statements for various properties
- Perform internal tracing of expenses
- Prepare and manage bi-monthly check runs
- Prepare and post to general ledger including monthly and year-end journal entries
- Recover outstanding reimbursable expenses including job costing
- Review and advise on CAM true-up computations and provide direction on tenant billing as needed ensuring that all recoverable amounts are accurately billed.
- Work with Property Manager to prepare detailed variance explanations and preparing CAM and tax reconciliations and other related period end tenant and vendor billings.
- Prepare lender required reports for all loans, on a timely basis, ensuring reporting compliance
- Serve as a trusted information resource and liaison to asset management, investment partners, and acquisitions team
Minimum Requirements + Skills
- 4-10 years of relevant Accounting, CFO or Controller experience.
- 2-5 years of Managing a team, or direct reports
- Strong project and people management skills and high attention to detail
- Exhibits outstanding communication
- Self-directed and highly organized
- Attention to detail, expectation of excellence, communication between on the ground work, central team, and leadership
- BA or BS in business, accounting, or related field
CSC is proud to provide its team members with…
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental & Vision plan options
- On-going training and development in topics relevant to the Property Management industry
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal time off, as well as paid holidays
- Performance Bonus Programs